1. What are Blowout Blockers and Soaker Stoppers made of?
Blowout Blockers and Soaker Stoppers are made of 100% reusable materials.
The Blowout Blocker has a smooth, Athletic Mesh (100% Polyester) inner layer that wicks the moisture away from your baby’s skin. A super absorbent soaker pulls the moisture into the center. A soft, water resistant PUL (Polyurethane Laminate, 100% Polyester) outer layer keeps leaks contained.
The Soaker Stopper has a soft, 100% Polyester inner layer that wicks the moisture away from your baby’s skin. A super absorbent soaker pulls the moisture into the center. A soft, water resistant PUL (Polyurethane Laminate, 100% Polyester) outer layer keeps leaks contained.
2. Are the materials comfortable for my baby?
YES! We are obsessed with making sure your babies are comfortable in our products. First, make sure to wash your Blowout Blockers and Soaker Stoppers before you use them. This will allow the materials to soften up and become more stretchy and flexible. All the materials are thin, stretchy and flexible to fit your child comfortably. If you are comfortable putting a cloth diaper on your child you will for sure be comfortable putting a Blowout Blocker or Soaker Stopper on your child. Look how much more trim our products are compared to a cloth diaper:
3. Can I use the Blowout Blocker and Soaker Stopper with cloth or disposable diapers?
YES! See also question #4
4. Will the products stay in place?
When used with disposable diapers: YES! We have added a NEW FASTENER TAB to the Blowout Blocker and Soaker Stoper to make sure they stay properly in place. The tab is made of Hook that will attach to the disposable diaper keeping it in place.
When used with cloth diapers: The fit varies when using our products with cloth diapers. Cloth diapers are much more bulky than disposables so the fit will be different for each child depending on how thick the cloth diaper is. Just make sure the Blowout Blocker or Soaker Stopper is secured low around the hips of your child nice and snug, but comfortable. You may need to experiment to find the perfect fit.
The Blowout Blocker and Soaker Stopper are designed to be worn around the hips of your child, not the waist. Secure the product around the hips of your child so that it is secure and comfortable. You should always be able to fit 2 fingers in the waistband. As you continue to use the products you will find the right fit for your child.
Please see our “How It Works” page for instructions for use.
5. Will the products make my child hot?
We experimented with A LOT of different materials to make sure your babies would be comfortable in our products. We chose materials that have been tried and tested in the cloth diaper industry. The Blowout Blocker is lined with an Athletic Mesh that is also used in athletic wear to keep the skin cool. The Soaker Stopper has a Microfleece or Athletic Mesh lining that is often used in cloth diapers. In a comfortable environment our products will not make your little one sweat. If however your baby is in a warm or hot environment please always be aware of how your child is feeling in our products.
6. How do I clean a soiled Blowout Blocker and a wet Soaker Stopper?
Great question! If you do not use cloth diapers and are not used to laundering soiled diapers here is an easy way to handle it:
1. Wipe off as much waste as you can from the Blowout Blocker (I use wet wipes).
2. Place the Blowout Blocker in a large zip lock plastic bag with warm water and a 1/2 teaspoon of detergent (using more detergent may cause build up).
3. Swish it around until the waste has come out of the material.
4. Empty the water into the toilet.
5. Rinse: Refill with warm water and repeat (no detergent this time).
6. Now throw it in the wash!
This is just how I found was the easiest way to get the waste completely off before I threw it in the wash with my other items. You can do this process in your washer if you prefer, just pre-rinse the product by themselves prior to laundering.
1. Rinse the Soaker Stopper in warm water, then wash!
Neutral Detergent Suggested!
We suggest using a Neutral Detergent to wash your products in. This is a detergent without harsh chemicals and additives that can build up on the fabric and prevent it from absorbing, which is referred to as “repelling”.
DO NOT use fabric softeners, bleach, additives or laundry detergent containing waxes and/or oils.
WITH THAT SAID! We understand that you may not want to switch detergents just to accommodate laundering your little Blowout Blockers and Soaker Stoppers. If you would like to use your choice of detergent go right ahead. If you do experience repelling, where the inner lining does not seem to absorb liquid any longer, “stripping” the fabric will do the trick:
1. Fill the washer with HOT water
2. Add one cup of vinegar and a few drops of dish detergent (Dawn seems to work best).
3. Allow water to agitate to mix components, then let the product sit for 15 minutes.
4. Drain water, wash product in warm water with no detergent but add one cup of baking soda to the wash.
5. Rinse on cold (the rinse should remove all vinegar, dish detergent and baking soda) and tumble dry medium.
7. Is it possible for my child to leak out of the Soaker Stopper?
The Soaker Stopper is made with an absorbent layer to catch nighttime diaper leaks. This absorbent layer will hold most leaks. Leakage may occur in the following situations:
A. If your child is a heavy wetter the Soaker Stopper will leak when it is full. My 21 month old has been wearing a Soaker Stopper for the last year and he will leak out of the Soaker Stopper only once every 2-3 months. Even still the leakage is minimal. SOLUTION: Purchase the Double Layer Soaker Stopper
B. If the leak is around the back of your child where the Soaker Stopper is not covering, the leakage will not be caught. SOLUTION: If your child leaks out the back often you can use one Soaker Stopper in the front and one in the back to cover all the exits. We are working on a larger size that will wrap around the sides and back.
8. What is the difference between the Soaker Stopper and the Double Layer Soaker Stopper?
The Soaker Stopper has one layer of absorbent material. We have found that this one layer will absorb most leaks. However, if you have a really heavy wetter that wakes up soaked to the chest you will want the Double Layer Soaker Stopper. The Double Layer Soaker Stopper has two layers of absorbent material.